Saturday 15 January 2011

Latte Art--A masterpiece from your cuppa?

Any idea about what is Latte Art?



I had a short session about learning how to create Latte Art in Urban Coffee...

need to say that, it's really fun & amazing!!


Can you imagine that we need to draw a piece of art on surface of the coffee?

















Tips: Pouring the milk is the main steps!
It's about the speed and the way you pour the steamed milk,
first, pour the milk into the middle of the cup,
and shake the pitcher side to side...


So basically you need to POUR and SHAKE the milk at the same time.


Have to say that the wiggle is really hard, please practice with water first before you start.
When the first try for me to pour the milk, my hands just cannot did well in shaking and wiggle...
I'm just no idea what am I doing and how to make it nicer....
As you can see the bottom on the right side was my first ugly cuppa Latte Art...


After the pouring, it comes to etching,
You may decorate your masterpiece by some chocolate syrup or a needle therm to drag patterns.



 






                            



After practiced for many times, finally I create a cup of Latte Art, a good one but not a great one...



In addition, for more instruction about Latte Art?
There's a video about how to pour a heart showed as below:







No comments:

Post a Comment